Team Member Spotlight: Get to Know Gabby Gromko
At Chelsea Groton, we value our team as much as we value our members. Every day our people strive to bring out their best for our community and everyone in it. Today we'd like you to meet Gabby Gromko, Retail Lending Closing Coordinator!
1. What is your current role and department?
Retail Lending Closing Coordinator
2. How long have you worked at Chelsea Groton Bank?
5 1/2 years
3. What do you love most about working at Chelsea Groton Bank?
I love what Chelsea Groton stands for. Its mission is important and to be a part of an organization that truly cares about its impact on the community is such a great thing.
4. What are you most proud of in your work at Chelsea?
I am most proud of my trajectory here at CGB. I started as a teller and worked my way to the position I currently hold. In my job, I know that I am directly impacting our customers’ lives for the better and it is very rewarding.
5. Tell us a little bit about your life outside of work.
I am very social and I love to travel. I have a great group of friends, a very close family, and I am in a great (long distance) relationship that I am very proud of. I like to sing and dance around my kitchen while I bake and the best nights are spent snuggled with my Shi Tzu, Fran.
6. What types of volunteer activities do you enjoy?
I enjoy volunteering with CGB's ARC Picnic and I am in the Yantic Fire Department's Women's Auxiliary.
7. Share about a favorite personal or family tradition.
Every year at Christmas, my grandmother (the cutest little German lady you will ever meet) will invite my sister, cousins and I over to bake and build homemade gingerbread houses. The smell of gingerbread to this day makes my heart smile.
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
It is on my bucket list to go on one big long vacation and do what I have dubbed the "heritage trail" where I go to Ireland, Poland, France, Italy, Germany, and Montreal, Canada. I would like to go to all of the places of my family's origin and learn a little more about the cultures.