Coronavirus: Our Top Priority is the Safety of Our Customers, Team Members and Community
Chelsea Groton Bank takes the safety and well-being of our customer, community and team members very seriously. As we continue to monitor the events surrounding the new Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking the necessary precautions to keep all of our members safe.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE DOING:
- All of our facilities have undergone a thorough cleaning and will continue to receive daily cleaning to prevent the spread of viruses.
- We've shared guidance with our team members outlining how to protect themselves, their family members, and our customers.
- Employees who are feeling ill are required to stay home.
- Some retail team members have chosen to wear gloves when assisting customers. As you may know, money tends to be very dirty so some have taken this extra protective measure.
- We have hand sanitizer in all of our locations.
- We have increased the number of team members in our Customer Care Center to answer questions and perform transactions by phone, call 860-448-4200.
- We've decided to temporarily suspend all community education and lifestyle programming. Until classes resume, we encourage you to visit our Chelsea University e-learning platform to view articles, watch videos and learn more about the financial and business topics most pressing for you. Please visit our Chelsea University education page for the most up-to-date information on postponed and rescheduled programs.
HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- We encourage anyone who has experienced flu-like symptoms, or has family members with symptoms, to refrain from visiting our retail branches if at all possible. If a visit to a branch location is necessary, please use our drive-up instead of entering the branch. Alternative methods of banking include online and mobile banking, ATMs, and Bank by Mail.
- If you'd like to register for online or mobile banking so you can deposit checks, pay bills, check balances, transfer funds, set-up alerts and more, visit our website for information and tutorials.
- Call our Customer Care Center directly to answer questions and perform transactions by phone, call 860-448-4200.
- Be aware of fraud scams. The Cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) encourages individuals to remain vigilant. Here are a few tips to keep you safe:
- Chelsea Groton Bank and government organizations will NEVER ask you for personal information via email; never reveal personal or financial information in email, and do not respond to email solicitations for this information.
- Check the sender's email address for grammatical errors - including emails supposedly from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments
- Use trusted sources-such as legitimate, government websites-for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19.
- Verify a charity's authenticity before making donations. Review the Federal Trade Commission's page on Charity Scams for more information.
- As the Coronavirus (COVID - 19) continues to spread, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) has made the following recommendations for those at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19:
- Stock up on supplies.
- Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others.
- When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
- Avoid crowds as much as possible.
- Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- During a COVID-19 outbreak in your community, stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
For more information on Coronavirus, please visit the CDC's website.
Thank you for your understanding and patience at this time. We wish you, your loved ones and our community good health at this time and always.
Your Chelsea Groton Bank Team