Team Member Spotlight: Tammy Blake
Today we are introducing Tammy Blake! Tammy loves spending time with her large family at cookouts and holidays as well as volunteering with the American Heart Walk and creating designs on her Cricut.
1. What is your current role and department?
Branch Operations Specialist
2. How long have you worked at Chelsea Groton Bank?
3. What do you love most about working at Chelsea Groton Bank?
The friendships I have made with both my co-workers and customers.
4. What are you most proud of in your work at Chelsea?
I had made a suggestion to upper management regarding the scheduling of introducing the Glory machines to new employees. Within one week the schedule was changed. They listened to my concerns and followed through. I feel this change will benefit new team members.
5. Tell us a little bit about your life outside of work.
I’ve been married for 24 years, have 3 beautiful daughters, 7 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild. Family is very important to me, cookouts at my home are frequent. I also enjoy lounging by the pool and creating things on my Cricut machine.
6. What types of volunteer activities do you enjoy?
I enjoy participating in the Norwich parades, representing our bank. I have participated for many years in the American Heart Walk and have been the Captain of the Chelsea Groton Team for the last 5 years.
7. Share about a favorite personal or family tradition.
Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE winter: the snow, the cold, and the holidays! Black Friday shopping is considered a "holiday" with my family. We are the crazy ones that will go out all night. It is definitely a family tradition.
8. Help us celebrate your uniqueness by sharing a little something special about you.
I love to wrap gifts, my collection of Christmas wrap is crazy! You will never find me using a gift bag.
9. Tea or Coffee?
10. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Hawaii is on my bucket list.