Security & Fraud Prevention
We are committed to providing you with secure access to online accounts, and protecting your personal financial information from fraud.
Chelsea Groton Bank will never contact you to ask for your online/mobile banking User ID and Password, or Debit Card number. If you receive any notification or phone call requesting this information, do not provide this or any other personal information. When in doubt, or if you feel your information may have been compromised, contact our Customer Care Center at 860-448-4200 during business hours.
After Hours: If your personal online information was compromised, change your User ID, Password and Security questions immediately in our Online and Mobile Banking app. It’s important to only make account updates on a device you know is secure. Please notify a Chelsea Groton Bank representative during regular business hours by calling our Customer Care Center at 860-448-4200.
Take proactive measures to protect your online identity:
Here are additional resources for keeping your personal information secure online:
- Never share your User ID and Password with anyone. It’s a best practice for joint account holders to have separate login IDs and passwords.
- Use caution when conducting business online. Do you know who you’re online with? Is it a known business or known individual? Were you expecting communication from them or was it unsolicited?
- Use caution when opening attachments or links provided in an email. If you hover over a link without clicking it, you’ll notice the full URL of the link’s destination. Do you recognize the website? If not, do not open.
For assistance with security concerns related to your Debit Card, Credit Card and Checkbook:
- Everything You Need to Know About , from Chelsea University.
- Top & What Not to Do Online, from Kaspersky Lab.
- Tips to , from the IRS.
- How to Keep Your , from the Federal Trade Commission.
- Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter which includes timely security alerts.
- Security from Stop Think Connect and The Department of Homeland Security.