Community Giving through the Chelsea Groton Foundation
Chelsea Groton Foundation, Inc. was established in 1998 as a Section 501(c) (3) organization. Initially endowed with a $2 million dollar donation from Chelsea Groton Bank, and recently gifted an additional $5 million from the Bank, the Foundation has awarded over $3.4 million in grants to non-profit organizations in the Bank’s Connecticut and Rhode Island market areas.
The Foundation's mission is to support the ongoing commitment in partnership for the long-term growth of our community. In 2018, the Foundation provided over $450,000 in grants to 110 worthy organizations.
Recently, the Chelsea Groton Foundation presented a $100K grant to NCDC for the establishment of the Global City Initiative to support the revitalization of Downtown Norwich.
Eligible organizations are invited to submit a grant application to the Foundation.
Guidelines for Grant Applicants
- Non-profit organizations exempt from federal income tax per Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or other acceptable 501(c) status.
- A governmental unit referred to in Section 170(c)(1) of the IRS Code.
- Special consideration will be given to programs benefiting communities that are served by Chelsea Groton Bank.
- Grant applications are accepted year round. Those received by the third Friday in April will be reviewed in May. Those received by the third Friday in September will be reviewed in October.
- Organizations are permitted to receive one grant per calendar year. If the organization was denied funding, they may reapply in the same calendar year.
Program Areas we fund
- Animal Welfare
- Arts and Culture
- Economic Development
- Health and Human Services
- Youth Activities
- New in 2018, all applications must be submitted online.
- All submitted materials become the property of Chelsea Groton Foundation, Inc., and will be held in strict confidence.
- All grant recipients will be required to submit a post-grant report no more than six months after the grant award.
To help you submit a comprehensive package, we’ve compiled a list of commonly asked questions.
Click here to view the Post-Grant Report. Save to your computer before completing form. After form is complete, submit via email.
Learn more about the Spring 2019 Grant Award Recipients.
The new Foundation Application is available . For best results, please use Internet Explorer to complete the application process.