Confidence Builder Banking
Having a bank account can help you save, spend, and manage your money more effectively.
With Confidence Builder Banking, a certified Bank On product, you'll have:
- a brand-new checking account with minimal fees and no overdraft fees*
- innovative tools designed to help you save money, pay bills, deposit your paycheck, build credit, set spending limits, video call live with a banker from anywhere, and more!
- access to your own financial mentor who will guide you as you build confidence in personal money management, the banking system, and you take steps toward achieving your goals.
The Confidence Builder Banking program is officially certified by the national as meeting the (2021 - 2022). The goal of Bank On is to ensure that everyone has access to safe and affordable financial products and services.
Still unsure about getting a bank account?
Here are a few additional reasons why having a bank account makes good financial sense:
- Fraud protection prevents your bank account from unauthorized withdrawals and notifies you of suspicious activity
- Lock a lost or stolen debit card online or through our Smart Card App so that no money can be withdrawn
- Access to a debit card lets you pay directly from your bank account wherever credit cards are accepted
- Money in your bank account is automatically insured up to $250,000 by the government in case the bank goes out of business
- Your paycheck can be automatically deposited into your bank account through Direct Deposit
- View your bank account balance and deposit checks using your mobile phone, and gain access to online payment services, such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, Paypal, and Venmo
- In time, you’ll be better positioned to apply for credit cards, access loans at lower rates, and get CDs (certificates of deposit) that can give you a higher return on your savings
Interested in learning more or opening an account?
Stop in your favorite branch, call 860-448-4200 or download our Video Banking App. Our team will be happy to talk you through the Confidence Builder Banking program, open an account, and connect you with a financial mentor.
Check out our . Once there, create a free profile. Based on your current financial situation and goals, articles, videos, and classes will be recommended to you.
Visit our Chelsea University Community Education page to register for upcoming in-person and remote classes on budgeting, credit, homebuying, and more.
Chelsea Groton Bank is a proud partner of , a campaign managed by the nonprofit Consumer Federation of America, to motivate, encourage, and support low- to moderate-income households to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth.
*Chelsea Groton Bank will decline or return transactions when there is not enough money in the account to cover the charge. Accounts could have a negative balance if a transaction is initially approved for an amount lower than the actual charge (ie: after a tip is added). If the actual charge exceeds the funds in your account, but the charge was already approved, Chelsea Groton will not charge you an overdraft fee.