Mobile Check Deposit enables you to deposit checks anytime and from anywhere.
Use a smartphone or tablet and the CGB Mobile App to securely transmit a digital image of your check for deposit into your checking, savings or money market accounts. Mobile Check Deposit saves time and a little gas by eliminating a trip to the bank or ATM.
- Open the CGB Mobile App. Make sure you have downloaded the most up-to-date version of the app.
- Enter your Log In ID and password. If you are not already registered for online banking, you must register before using the mobile app. Tap on "Personal Registration" or "Business Registration" as appropriate and register for online banking.
- The screen will open to a list of your accounts. On the top right of the screen, tap on the menu button (3 bars).
- Menu options will appear. To deposit a check, tap on the “Deposit Checks” menu option.
- When accessing Mobile Check Deposit for the first time, the Mobile Check Deposit User Agreement will appear. Please read the Agreement carefully and select “I Agree” to enroll.
- Once on the “Deposit Checks” screen, tap the drop down menu to select the account into which your check will be deposited.
- Enter the amount of the check.
- All payees must sign the back of the check. In addition, under the signatures (endorsement) you must write "For Mobile Deposit Only at CGB."
- Place your check on a flat surface, preferably with a dark background.
- Select “Click Here to Take Picture” in order to take a picture of the front of your check. When first using this feature you will be asked to allow the application to access your camera. This feature cannot work without camera access. Hold your device above the check and align the check within the green frame. When the image is clear; tap on the screen to take the picture
- Take a picture of the back of your check following the same process described above.
- Once you have clear images of both the front and back of your check, and have verified that all other information is correct, select “Make Deposit” at the bottom of the screen. Select “Cancel” if you wish to cancel this transaction.
- Once you have submitted your check deposit, a message that states “Your transmission was successful” with the information of your deposit will appear. You will also receive a confirmation email that your deposit has been received and subsequently you will receive an email regarding the final status of the deposit.
Please note: Destroy your original check fourteen (14) days after the deposit has been credited to your account.
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Care Center at 860-448-4200.